Translate

Friday, 20 April 2018

I Finally Broke Free - Email from Reader

Hi Sean, I'm glad I have a chance to email you personally. I commented on one of your blog posts, and also commented on your youtube channel, but this is probably the most expedient way to reach you.

I never thought I would find an ex-satsangi who embraced Jesus Christ and Christianity. I've been searching online for a long time, and the ex's I would find were either fed up with religion entirely, totally cynical about any religious path, or very, very agnostic. Obviously, they have been very hurt by organized religion, and made the decision to reject all of it from the fear of being hurt yet again.

I was fortunate enough to have had a Christian background before Sant mat, and even though it took years, was very painful, and included so much inner conflict and confusion, I finally broke free of Sant Mat, and re-embraced my love of Jesus Christ.It was the hardest thing I have ever done, made even more difficult due to the fact that my husband is still a devoted follower. I should say here that we were initiated by Darshan Singh whose successor is Rajinder Singh. This branch of Sant Mat calls itself Science of the Soul. My husband is very open minded and is fine with my Christian journey (although at first he was very confused about why in the world I would question the integrity of Sant Mat, and hurt by my defection.)

I was very, very hurt by this path, and I believe it led to problematic issues in our marriage. The Holy Spirit has helped me so much in this regard. He always counsels patience and compassion, and to truly listen to my husband. He is such a good man, the finest man I know, and he loves Jesus as well, but does not embrace him as his only spiritual teacher. My husband is an interesting mix: in love with his Master, but also in love with Jesus. I myself was never able to juggle these feelings, and finally had a spiritual breakdown where I thought I would have to abandon Jesus if I were to remain on the path. I could NOT do that, and I'm so grateful I couldn't.

 Click here for Book by Sean Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment