If you're not fired up with love for God and keen to share this with others then you might have missed the boat somewhere along the way or been conned out of the real deal.
I was in a lukewarm love affair for 12 years. Yes, I guess I started off with high expectations and passion but this only lasted for a short time. The daily struggle of meditation and lack of response from this habit soon extinguished my burning desire to know God.
I put God in a box and figured He didn't want to know and love me yet. I would just have to try harder or so I thought. Eventually, through failure, I settled for mediocrity and a semi-warm on the way to cold heart.
I was in a lukewarm love affair for 12 years. Yes, I guess I started off with high expectations and passion but this only lasted for a short time. The daily struggle of meditation and lack of response from this habit soon extinguished my burning desire to know God.
I put God in a box and figured He didn't want to know and love me yet. I would just have to try harder or so I thought. Eventually, through failure, I settled for mediocrity and a semi-warm on the way to cold heart.
Sant Mat meditation for me was the path to despair. The worst kind of hopelessness in which I believed God just wasn't interested in knowing me for whatever reason. According to all the Sant Mat books, I read he was very interested in other satsangis but not me.
Oh how wrong I was.
How God reached me, in the end, was standing on top of a sup board looking at a sunset after endless perfect rides at a surfing spot called Omaha. His love erupted in my heart as spontaneous praise for his wondrous beauty as I held my hands up high in worship. Right then and there I knew something had shifted inside me and my passion for Him and His love for me was ignited once more.
I achieved God realisation yes I realised God loved me! Very simple really. No bells or whistles, astral travelling, third eye revelations or Shabd adventures. Just a knowing that my Father cares for and loves me passionately.
Heard this song today on Radio Rhema on the way home from work by a New Zealand folk psalmist called Strahan.
The title is Call Me. Hope you enjoy.
Most definitely Demis. I am the prodigal son. When I returned to my Father I was ready to completely open my heart to His Son Jesus Christ. Sant Mat drove me to the deepest despair and hopelessness but in so doing softened my will and made me receptive to the Father's Grace.
ReplyDelete