Curiosity is definitely to blame and an intense fascination with the occult specifically numerology. Back in 2001, I'd been studying a number of books on this topic and one particular author caught my interest as he had a made a book on numerology with a number of flaws. I contacted him to question his findings and he started mentioning the shabd and that it all comes down to the audible life stream. I should have followed my instincts then and there as he came across as a real crackpot. He also was a professional puppeteer which looking back is what I became on this path. A puppet. But instead, I contacted a couple of friendly Indian South African santsangi's living in Sydney and attended a satsang(gathering) to listen to my first discourse on Radha Soami Satsang Beas.
So after attending a number of discourses and reading some Sant Mat books, I became convinced that this was the path I had always been looking for. It probably helped that I was in a very unhappy relationship and incredibly sick in my body. What's more, I had never accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour having been brought up a struggling, guilt-ridden Catholic from birth. Up till that time, I had always battled with the concept that you can only reach the Father through Jesus Christ ( John 14:6-7 ) so a physically living Son of God made a lot of sense to me.
A year and a half later after giving up alcohol, becoming a lacto-vegetarian, getting married to someone who I'd been living with for 10 years and reading a ton of Sant Mat books, I was initiated into the path of Radha Soami Satsang Beas meditation.
Click here for Book by Sean Patrick
So after attending a number of discourses and reading some Sant Mat books, I became convinced that this was the path I had always been looking for. It probably helped that I was in a very unhappy relationship and incredibly sick in my body. What's more, I had never accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour having been brought up a struggling, guilt-ridden Catholic from birth. Up till that time, I had always battled with the concept that you can only reach the Father through Jesus Christ ( John 14:6-7 ) so a physically living Son of God made a lot of sense to me.
A year and a half later after giving up alcohol, becoming a lacto-vegetarian, getting married to someone who I'd been living with for 10 years and reading a ton of Sant Mat books, I was initiated into the path of Radha Soami Satsang Beas meditation.
Click here for Book by Sean Patrick
No comments:
Post a Comment