Translate

Friday, 11 August 2017

Steps to Recovering a Normal Life Again

I think it's very important to seek support when you leave the Radha Soami Satsang Beas path.

I had many different people praying for me including a group of Carmelite nuns, thanks to my mother. I would strongly recommend getting prayed for right now if you are wanting to leave Sant Mat.

I would also suggest joining a Christian church. As I've been off the path for 3 years I initially went back to a Catholic church for a couple of years which helped me for awhile.

I  then read a book that accelerated my recovery called " Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren and listened to his 40 days of purpose series while driving to work. This inspired me to give my heart to Jesus Christ and get baptised.

Then about 9 months ago after a bit of further looking my wife and I found a local family church and from here we have started our own weekly home group.

I wouldn't have created this blog if it wasn't for Rick Warren and his strong emphasis on finding your mission. Life has been fairly good since I've jumped off the Sant Mat ship and I'm tempted to forget about my fellow brothers and sisters following Shabd Yog and just get on with my life. But that's not what Jesus Christ would have wanted. I know He wouldn't be happy about a bunch of lost souls following a blind leader into an unknown world. I know Christ wants you to have a full happy life and He offers His protection here and in the life here after, for all eternity.

Another great avenue to explore is the Alpha Course  I completed this through my local church and it provides a fantastic introduction into knowing Jesus Christ from a contemporary modern perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment