As a westerner, you are privileged to the opportunity of a sit-down question and answer session during the 3 weeks of your stay at Dera( Beas, Punjab). This lasts for around 30 minutes after the evening satsang. I remember when I asked my first question how nervous I was to be addressing Gurinder Singh. My mind had literally given Gurinder a God like status. That's why it's so surprising that Gurinder answers your questions as a very normal person which is all he really is. Just another human being like you or me that has found himself in an extraordinary hereditary position. Through time and many sessions of giving satsangs and answering questions, Gurinder Singh has become very good at what he does. I guess it helped that he was trained as a lawyer earlier on in his life. But this is his job and like any job it has its perks and down side. I think anyone famous would empathise with Gurinder with his total loss of anonymity but on the other hand, his every need is taken care of and the wealth of the world is available to him and his family. His position of power guarantees most doors are open to him.
So the irony is that satsangis tend to worship Gurinder Singh as a god and yet he is just a normal guy like you or me. An actor in a bizarre role who over time has become his part.
Unlike Jesus Christ, God's only Son, infinitely powerful and the real source of love in the universe.
So the irony is that satsangis tend to worship Gurinder Singh as a god and yet he is just a normal guy like you or me. An actor in a bizarre role who over time has become his part.
Unlike Jesus Christ, God's only Son, infinitely powerful and the real source of love in the universe.
Hi Demis Gurinder was nominated by the previous Master via his will upon his death.
ReplyDelete