Translate

Sunday, 3 September 2017

Reflection 1. Worshipping a Man

As you progress on the Radha Soami Satsang Beas path the idea that the master is watching your every move starts to take hold. Gradually for me, the fear of God was replaced by the fear of Gurinder Singh. I began to think that the inner master was watching my every move and I started talking to this so-called entity believing that he was also protecting me and guiding me through life. The master became God for me and meditation was my attempt at worshipping him.

Over the course of 12 years of following Sant Mat, I visited Dera, the headquarters for Radha Soami Satsang Beas, five times. It's at this place that you really witness worship of a human being on mass in the thousands. At Dera Gurinder Singh reigns supreme as a god in living form. Everything at Dera is reflected as worship for Him. I think most satsangi's would agree one of the highlights of your trip is getting chapatis after satsang and watching Gurinder Singh walking around the huge kitchens and seeing hundreds of ladies sitting cross-legged with worshipful hands singing shabads, gazing at Him. Even then something made me feel uneasy about this whole spectacle.

Now though looking back, I think this is totally misdirected love towards Gurinder Singh which is meant for God alone, breaking the first and second commandment of the Bible( Exodus 20 ).

No comments:

Post a Comment