I think with this path you have to take stock of your situation and assess where you sit right now.
For me I was heading towards losing my wife and kids as the rigours of following this path were really taking their toll on our marriage. I was literally separating myself from the world and starting to withdraw from society.
I had achieved no progress whatsoever.
My health was very average and I struggled with getting the right food on a daily basis.
I was feeling closer to God while surfing than I ever did while meditating.
My fellow satsangis were truly not the happiest individuals you'd ever come across actually quite the reverse. I've only been contacted by two satsangis from my local sangat since I left the path almost three years ago. How sad is that? I do think about my old satsangi friends and hope and pray for their happiness in finding God's real and liberating love: Jesus Christ His only Son.
I personally didn't want to spend another 10 years of my life flogging this dead spiritual horse and came to the resounding conclusion there was no power in the Radha Soami Satsang Beas or Gurinder Singh for that matter. The science of the soul was a dead end spiritual path.
On reflection, I thought I could realize God with my own efforts when in actual fact Jesus has already made this possible through his great sacrifice. Dying for our sins as a one-off payment, not requiring me to daily meditate for my sins or be a vegetarian or give up alcohol or withdraw from society.
In short, I gave up on wanting God realisation and just accepted that Jesus loves me and I love Him.
Click here for Book by Sean Patrick
For me I was heading towards losing my wife and kids as the rigours of following this path were really taking their toll on our marriage. I was literally separating myself from the world and starting to withdraw from society.
I had achieved no progress whatsoever.
My health was very average and I struggled with getting the right food on a daily basis.
I was feeling closer to God while surfing than I ever did while meditating.
My fellow satsangis were truly not the happiest individuals you'd ever come across actually quite the reverse. I've only been contacted by two satsangis from my local sangat since I left the path almost three years ago. How sad is that? I do think about my old satsangi friends and hope and pray for their happiness in finding God's real and liberating love: Jesus Christ His only Son.
I personally didn't want to spend another 10 years of my life flogging this dead spiritual horse and came to the resounding conclusion there was no power in the Radha Soami Satsang Beas or Gurinder Singh for that matter. The science of the soul was a dead end spiritual path.
On reflection, I thought I could realize God with my own efforts when in actual fact Jesus has already made this possible through his great sacrifice. Dying for our sins as a one-off payment, not requiring me to daily meditate for my sins or be a vegetarian or give up alcohol or withdraw from society.
In short, I gave up on wanting God realisation and just accepted that Jesus loves me and I love Him.
Click here for Book by Sean Patrick
Awsome
ReplyDelete