Over a fair amount of years, I developed the daily moment by moment practice of repeating simran which was ironically very hard to stop. It was as if simran was stalking me from within and repeating itself at every available opportunity, even in my dreams.
So I started repeating a form of the Jesus Prayer:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner
This worked in combating simran although it took quite awhile for it to completely stop.
My Jesus Prayer actually went:
Lord Jesus Christ, Only Son of God, have mercy on me
The best thing though that I ever did was getting baptised and giving my heart to Jesus Christ alongside marrying a committed Christian who had done this.
This for me was a game changer bringing me the most peace. Although it did take me over 2 years to do this after leaving Radha Soami Satsang Beas
If I could advise you one thing then I would say don't leave this step for too long as the transition out of Sant Mat leaves a void. A vacuum that needs to be filled with the real power of the Holy Spirit.
Click here for Book by Sean Patrick
So I started repeating a form of the Jesus Prayer:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner
This worked in combating simran although it took quite awhile for it to completely stop.
My Jesus Prayer actually went:
Lord Jesus Christ, Only Son of God, have mercy on me
The best thing though that I ever did was getting baptised and giving my heart to Jesus Christ alongside marrying a committed Christian who had done this.
This for me was a game changer bringing me the most peace. Although it did take me over 2 years to do this after leaving Radha Soami Satsang Beas
If I could advise you one thing then I would say don't leave this step for too long as the transition out of Sant Mat leaves a void. A vacuum that needs to be filled with the real power of the Holy Spirit.
Click here for Book by Sean Patrick
The feeling in my dreams Demis was neutral but when I awoke I felt alarmed and shaken. A feeling of violation.
ReplyDeleteI too used the Jesus Prayer after leaving Sant mat and stopping simran. Although any form of meditation is triggering for me now, the Jesus Prayer still comes out in stressful situations and is very comforting.
ReplyDeleteYes I can't even do Christian meditation yet but I can pray though and I talk to Jesus. I still wake up early every morning so I start my thank you prayers. It's been a few years since I left Sant Mat and thanks to God I have real peace now but it takes time.
ReplyDeleteChristian meditation is very different to Eastern meditation. Eastern meditation is normally about ‘emptying the mind’ and often has an associated mantra (or simran like RSSB) to keep the mind focused. Christian meditation is the reverse of this - it’s all about ‘filling the mind’ with Truth from The Word - The Bible. We ‘chew’, ‘eat’, ‘contemplate’ and ‘meditate’ God’s Word (scripture). (Psalm 1:2-3)
ReplyDeleteLovely comment and totally agree with you. I'm now working on the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!!
ReplyDelete